Everyone gets worried from time to time, especially in unfamiliar or intimidating social situations. But when feelings of anxiety are excessive, long-lasting, and interfere with daily life, it could be a sign of something more serious—social anxiety disorder. Social anxiety is an intense fear or worry about being judged or embarrassed in social settings that can cause physical symptoms like sweating, trembling, loss of concentration, and even rapid heartbeat. If social anxiety is keeping you from living the life you want, anxiety treatment in Atlanta from Samba Recovery can help.
Our anxiety treatment program is designed to help you understand and manage your social anxiety. Through compassionate outpatient care, we will help you build healthy coping skills and become your best self.
Call 888.505.8279 today to get started on the road to recovery.
Understanding Social Anxiety
Social anxiety is more than just jitters before a big presentation. Social anxiety disorder is an intense fear or worry about being judged, rejected, or embarrassed in social settings. It can be so severe that it keeps people from attending school, work, or even leaving the house.
Some of the most common signs of social anxiety include
- Excessive self-consciousness and fear of judgment from others
- Worrying about embarrassing or humiliating yourself
- Staying away from social situations
- Avoiding eye contact and speaking in public
- Feeling nauseous or dizzy in social settings
- Excessive sweating, trembling, and difficulty thinking straight
- Becoming easily agitated or overwhelmed in social settings
This condition can develop as early as childhood and can lead to feelings of isolation, low self-esteem, and depression.
5 Ways to Manage Social Anxiety
It’s possible to manage anxiety with the right treatment. Here are a few of the ways that you can manage your symptoms:
- Face your fears – Start by identifying situations that make you anxious, then slowly work your way up to facing them.
- Challenge negative thoughts – When experiencing social anxiety, it’s easy to have negative thoughts about yourself. Challenge these thoughts and replace them with more positive ones.
- Practice deep breathing – When you’re feeling anxious, take a few minutes to focus on your breathing. Taking deep breaths helps calm your body and mind.
- Connect with others – Social anxiety can make it hard to engage with others, but forming relationships is important for managing symptoms. Reach out to family or friends you trust and start small by telling them what you experience—the support and understanding you’ll receive might surprise you.
- Seek professional help – If your symptoms are still impacting your daily life, seeking professional help is the most effective way of managing social anxiety.
A treatment program for anxiety can help you gain the skills and techniques needed to reduce your anxiety in social settings. You won’t just learn how to manage your symptoms, but you will also gain insight into the underlying causes of your anxiety. Finding the right treatment program can be a life-changing experience.
Call Samba Recovery Today for Professional Anxiety Treatment
If you’re ready to take the next step in managing your social anxiety, contact Samba Recovery today. Our experienced team is committed to helping you get the care and support you need. We offer comprehensive anxiety treatment programs designed to help you live a more fulfilling life. For those struggling with both anxiety and addiction, our co-occurring disorder treatment program can help.
Anxiety doesn’t have to keep you from living the life you want. With the right treatment program, you can manage your symptoms and find relief. Don’t wait any longer—call Samba Recovery today at 888.505.8279 or reach out to our team online to get started on the road to recovery.